Monday 12 October 2009

A Trip To The Fishmongers



Its so hard to find good produce these days, at the right price and the right quality. But I have just made a trip to Royal Hill in Greenwich SE10, I found this great fish, a nice big pile of spanking fresh mackerel at the little shop just round the corner from www.drings.co.uk the best place for miles to sell organic and free range meat.

The Fish shop is just off Royal Hill down a little side street. Just there on the right is a brick and slate fish monger, displaying some excellent fish. I bought these mackerel which I cured some with a sweet cure, and potted the rest.

I also purchased some outstanding Hake, cut into thick chunky steaks, I serve it heavily peppered as in the classic French bistro dish Steak au poivre. Fried in butter and finished off this time with a little reduction of sherry vinegar, chicken stock and butter. On the side I had a little flurry of fresh samphire, and some pureed new potatoes with olive oil, instead of the usual suspects of cream and butter.

Now i have had fish from every source in Britain and i would say that was right up there with the freshest ever.
You couldn't ask for a finer piece of fish at www.thefishmongerltd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment